Tagging FactsLast updated on 06/18/19
After your Wdesk document is set up and linked, you can tag facts with the appropriate XBRL concept and date.
Make sure you:
Applying Concepts and Dates
Tagging a fact requires both a concept and a date, at a minimum.
To apply a concept or a date to a fact:
- Open the document, click the XBRL tab, and make sure Show XBRL is on.
- Choose an XBRL profile if one is not already applied.
- Click the XBRL Outline tab and enable Auto-Add to Outline if you want to automatically add concepts to the XBRL outline. You’ll be asked to either add the concept to a current XBRL outline section in your document or create a new one.
- Select the cell or text you want for the fact. To tag more than one fact at a time, select multiple cells.
- Click Add Fact on the XBRL toolbar or from the right-click menu.
- Choose a concept:
- Click Add Date from the Fact Details panel to search for and Apply a date from either the Fiscal or Special Dates tabs:
- Select a current Fiscal date or click Update Fiscal Calendar to make changes and select a new date.
- Select a Special date or add a new date and click Create.
Replacing Concepts or Dates
To replace a concept or a date:
- Select the fact or multiple facts.
- Go to the Fact Details panel: