Tagging FactsLast updated on 08/13/18
After your Wdesk document is set up and linked, you can tag facts with the appropriate XBRL concept and date.
Make sure you:
Applying Concepts and Dates
Tagging a fact requires both a concept and a date, at a minimum.
To apply a concept or a date to a fact:
Open the document, click Show XBRL, and select an XBRL profile, if one is not already selected.
Click the XBRL Outline tab and enable Auto-Add to Outline to automatically add new concepts to the XBRL outline. You’ll be asked to either add it to a current XBRL outline section in your document or create a new one.
Select the cell or text you want for the fact. To tag more than one fact at a time, select multiple cells.
Click Add Fact on the XBRL toolbar or from the right-click menu.
If the concept is already in the XBRL outline, drag it from the XBRL outline to the Add Concept field in the Fact Details panel.
If selecting a new concept from the taxonomy, click Add Concept in the Fact Details panel. Then use the options in the Concept Selector dialog box to find a concept. Then select a concept and click Apply.
- Browse lists concepts in the taxonomy
- Bookmarks lists concepts you previously saved
- Extensions lists custom concepts you created
- Filter options further narrow the results
- Taxonomy Tree View switches between a list and taxonomy outline view
Select a concept and click Apply.
From the Fact Details panel, click Add Date to search for and Apply a date from either the Fiscal or Special Dates tabs:
- Select a current Fiscal date or click Update Fiscal Calendar to make changes and select a new date.
- Select a Special date or add a new date and click Create.
Replacing Concepts or Dates
To replace a concept or a date:
Select the fact or multiple facts.
From the Fact Details panel, click the current Concept or Date and select a new concept or date.