Copy XBRL from Another ProfileLast updated on 06/18/19
You can copy XBRL from one document’s XBRL profile to another when both documents link to the same data in Wdesk. The copy includes XBRL only for linked data that appears in both documents. This copies all fact details, but does not include fiscal dates.
This is commonly used when separate documents share linked data in a single Wdesk Spreadsheet or Workbook. For example, you might have a 10-K and 10-Q link to the same balance sheet data in a spreadsheet. When you update XBRL in the 10-K, the XBRL in the 10-Q becomes out of date. To quickly and easily update the XBRL in the 10-Q, copy the XBRL from the 10-K XBRL profile into the 10-Q XBRL profile.
Generate XBRL Before Copying
Before copying XBRL from another document’s profile, generate XBRL to create a revision. You will generate XBRL again after the copy for comparison.
To generate XBRL before the copy:
- Open the document you want to copy to.
- Click Generate XBRL in the toolbar to create a revision that you can compare to after the copy.
- Leave the document open and follow the steps in the next section.
Copying XBRL from Another Profile
When copying XBRL from another profile, you are working with a source profile and a destination profile. The source profile is where you are copying XBRL from. The destination profile is where you are copying XBRL to. This will only copy the XBRL for shared links that exist in both profiles.
To copy XBRL from another document’s profile:
- Make sure the document you want to copy to is open and that you have generated XBRL.
- Click the XBRL profile in the toolbar to open the Manage XBRL Profiles dialog box.
- Click Copy XBRL from Another Profile at the bottom of the Manage XBRL Profiles dialog box.
The Copy XBRL from Another Profile dialog box opens. Document Profile shows the document you are currently working in. Documents that share linked data with your working document are under Profiles with Shared Links.
- Select the profile with the XBRL that you want to copy from Profiles with Shared Links.
- Click Copy. The XBRL is copied from the profile with shared links (source profile) to the XBRL profile for the working document (destination profile).
- Click View Details in the Copy Complete message to see more information about the copy.
Generate XBRL and Create a Blackline After Copying
After copying XBRL from another document’s profile:
- Generate XBRL again.
- Create an XBRL Blackline.
- Review the XBRL blackline to see how the XBRL changed in the document after copying XBRL from another profile.