Reviewing Fact PropertiesLast updated on 03/15/19
Use the Review Facts as menu to see one specific XBRL fact property for linked facts within the document.
For example, you can select to display the period type for all facts instead of their normal values. The fact property appears in place of the original fact value in the document to streamline review.
Choosing a Fact Property to Review
Use the Review Facts as menu to choose a fact property that you want to review.
Open the document and go to the XBRL tab.
Click Show XBRL and select an XBRL profile if one is not already selected.
Click the Review Facts as dropdown on the XBRL tab and select a fact property to review:
Review fact options include:
- Accuracy shows the decimal accuracy for the XBRL fact.
- Balance shows whether the fact has a Debit (D), Credit (C), or no balance type (-).
- Date/Date Range shows the date/date range ID applied to the concept.
- Reversed shows whether the XBRL fact value sign is reversed. Cells that do not have a reversed fact appear blank.
- Balance & Reversed shows the concept balance type and whether the fact value sign is reversed.
- Period Type shows whether the concept is using a Duration or an Instant date.
- Unit shows the unit applied to the XBRL fact, such as USD for the United States Dollar.
- Value shows the value of the XBRL fact. Value takes into account both number rounding and scaling.
Turning Off the Review
To return fact values back to normal, click the Review Facts as drop-down menu and select Off. Now, all facts show their normal values.