Generating XBRLLast updated on 08/02/19
Generate XBRL to validate XBRL in your document, create reports, and create a revision for XBRL blacklines.
It is important to generate XBRL before starting a review if there have been significant changes either to the document or the XBRL.
Before you begin:
Any changes made to XBRL in the document while generating XBRL are not included in that generation.
When generating XBRL for a document using an XBRL profile that has multiple documents, XBRL is generated for all of the documents. Managing XBRL Profiles has additional information about handling multi-document XBRL profiles.
To generate XBRL:
- Open the document, click the XBRL tab, and make sure Show XBRL is on.
- Choose an XBRL profile if one is not already applied.
- Click Generate XBRL from the XBRL toolbar.
If Generate XBRL is disabled, make sure you have a profile selected.
- Review generated XBRL revisions in XBRL Generation History. The XBRL Generation History panel lists the generated revisions.
Opening XBRL Reports and Validation
To see reports and validation messages for a generation:
Labeling for Milestones
Add labels to a revision to help track milestones for your document. For example, you might label your document when it is in tech review, when you are done with tie-outs, or after you roll forward the dates.
To add labels to a generated revision:
- Select a revision from XBRL Generation History.
- Use Add labels to select existing labels to use or click Create label to create a new one.
- Remove a label by clicking Add or remove labels and unchecking the box next to the label you want to remove.