Generating XBRLLast updated on 06/11/19
Generate XBRL to validate XBRL in your document, create reports, and create a revision for XBRL Blacklines.
It is important to generate XBRL before starting a review if there have been significant changes either to the document or the XBRL.
IMPORTANT: You cannot make changes to XBRL in a document while generating XBRL.
To generate XBRL:
- Open the document, click the XBRL tab, and make sure Show XBRL is on.
- Choose an XBRL profile if one is not already applied.
- Click Generate XBRL from the XBRL toolbar.
If Generate XBRL is disabled:
- Review generated XBRL revisions in XBRL Generation History. The XBRL Generation History panel lists the generated revisions.
Opening XBRL Reports and Validation
To see reports and validation messages for a generation:
Labeling for Milestones
Add labels to a revision to help track milestones for your document. For example, you might label your document when it is in tech review, when you are done with tie-outs, or after you roll forward the dates.
To add labels to a generated revision:
- Select a revision from XBRL Generation History.
- Use Add labels to select existing labels to use or click Create label to create a new one.
- Remove a label by clicking Add or remove labels and unchecking the box next to the label you want to remove.