Basics of Moving Files
You can move files created in one workspace to another. To move a file, you need to be a workspace admin and have permission to the file. Files cannot be open during the move, and if you’re moving a document with XBRL, the workspace needs the XBRL namespace and calendar set up. If needed, you can also keep a frozen copy of files in the original workspace.
Moving a file between workspaces:
- Resets a document’s comments, history, permissions, and sets you as the owner.
- Copies any linked files into a new folder in the selected workspace.
You can move the following from one workspace to another:
Classic Data Collection
Next generation files in a project
Note: You can only move next generation Documents, Presentations, and Spreadsheets from one workspace to another if they are in a project.
Moving Files between Workspaces
To move a file to another workspace:
- Select the file by checking the box next to the file name.
- Click Move in the toolbar or right-click the file and then select Move .
- Click Move to another Workspace.
- Select the workspace and click Move.