Moving Files and DocumentsLast Updated: 01/29/18
Basics of Moving Files
NOTE: To move files, you need to be a workspace admin and have permission to the file.
You can move files created in one workspace to another. Moving files between workspaces resets a document’s comments, history, permissions, and sets you as the owner. If the document has links to any files, those files are copied over to the workspace. You can also keep a frozen copy of files in the workspace you are moving from.
You can move the following documents types from one workspace to another:
Classic Documents, Workbooks, Presentations, Data Collection, and Projects
Moving Files between Workspaces
To move files from one workspaces to another:
- From Files or My Recent, find the files you’d like to move.
- Select the files by checking the box next to the file name.
- Click Move or right click the files and then select Move.
- Click Move to another Workspace.
- Select the workspace and click Move.