Working with FilesLast updated on 09/25/18
To import documents in home:
- Click the Create menu in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select Import.
- Select to import from: Document or Project, PowerPoint, Word. or From SEC files.
- After the prompt loads, choose your file.
To create a file in Home:
- Click Create in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the file type you want to create.
Only file types that you have access to will be displayed.
When you right-click on a document name in Home you can rename your document. After renaming, click the checkmark to accept.
You can also create Projects. Once you select Project, the process is the same as usual in Wdesk. To add files to your project, you can use the Project Panel in Wdesk.
To create a folder in Home:
- Click the Create in the upper left corner.
- Select Folder .
After your create a folder, you can give the folder a name and select the check mark icon to finish. Clicking X icon will cancel creating the folder.
Moving Files and Folders
To move a file or folder:
- From Files, click the checkbox to the left of the files or folders.
- Select where you want to move the selected items.
Click Move to finish.
Uploading files to Wdesk is helpful when you want to keep backups of documents or store files. Additionally, you can use file uploads to share items with team members.
To upload files from Home:
- Go to Files.
- Click the Upload icon. This opens a file browser dialog where you can select files on your computer.
- Select the file you’d like to upload and click Open.
To download uploaded files, click the file name. This opens a new tab where you can download the file.