Creating LinksLast updated on 05/17/19
Links are a powerful tool for maintaining data integrity. By updating a source, you update all linked destinations. You can create a text link by copying a single cell and pasting into a document, outside of a table. This link can then be included into bodies of text as desired.
Creating a Link
To create a link:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C to copy a cell or range of cells from a Spreadsheet, Workbook, or table,
- Paste in the target Spreadsheet, Workbook, or table.
- After pasting, click the blue clipboard and choose Create Links.
- Choose the desired option from the Create Links list.
- Click Apply to finalize your link.
When you create a link, you can choose from the following options:
- Cells with Values - Creates links to selected cells that contain a value.
- Linked Cells - Creates links to selected cells which already have links.
- All Cells - Creates links to all selected cells, including blanks cells.