In this guide, you'll learn:
- how to create and manage tasks from Wdesk Home
- how to create an manage tasks from inside a Wdesk Document
- some pro-tips to help you use tasks most effectively
Tasking from Home
When you click Tasks on the left side of Wdesk Home, you'll be taken to the All Tasks view. For new users, this will be a sparse screen. For experienced users, this view shows all tasks they've created or been assigned.
To create a new task, begin typing in the Add New Task field at the top. Though the current day's date and your name are filled in by default, you can change those fields to whatever user and due date apply.
Once a task has been created, the assignee will get notification. They'll also get a reminder the day the task is due and the day after (if they miss the due date).You can also send a spontaneous reminder whenever you'd like. Just click Remind from the dropdown men to the right of any task you've assigned.
Document Tasks Panel
Depending on your license level, you can also assign tasks associated with a specific document, section, or cell. To do this, navigate to the Task panel by clicking the checkmark icon on the right side of the editing window.
From here, start typing in the Add New Task field and follow the prompts.
If you're assigning something at the cell level, be sure to click into that cell before choosing what content the task applies to (in the dropdown between the assignee's name and the due date).
Aside from creating new tasks, you can also use the Task panel to see all the tasks in progress within the document you're working in. You can filter by tasks assigned to you, and tasks you've assigned to others in the Task panel tabs.
Regardless of how you create the task, here are a couple of things to keep in mind to use tasks most effectively:
- As you type someone's name to assign them a task, it should populate from the drop-down menu once you've typed enough letters. If it doesn't, the person doesn't have a Wdesk license. Talk with your account administrator to see if they should be added.
- Anyone who has a Wdesk license can receive tasks and view them from Wdesk Home.
- Tasking Home shows tasks specific to you, the Document Task panel shows tasks tied to that specific document.
- Download Wdesk Mobile to make tasking even easier. You'll get notifications on your device, and you can manage the team to-do list from anywhere.
Check out the following Help articles for more detailed instruction on each topic.