How to Have a Great Filing - SEDARLast Updated: 02/22/16
Last Days Before Filing
- Validate the document or project and review all notifications for any necessary fixes.
- Preview the PDF of each document and make any necessary formatting changes.
- Paginate (and share) each document that needs it.
- Generate a separate PDF for each necessary filing (i.e. CFO certification, CEO certification, MD&A, FACE statements / footnotes, etc).
- Rename PDFs so that the filing type is clear (i.e. abc2016q1ceocert.pdf) and is in an acceptable format for SEDAR filings (no symbols or spaces, and a 32 character limit).
- Contact your CSM at least 2 weeks in advance to notify them of your filing date if you will be filing with Workiva.
Last Hours Before Filing
- Finish making any changes to documents a couple of hours before planned filing time.
- Verify that the quarter-end and signature dates are updated and correct in the certifications.
- Validate the document or project one last time, preview the PDF, and make any last formatting and pagination changes.