Creating and Importing DocumentsLast updated on 06/08/19
You can create a new document at any point in your workflow from Home or within the Wdesk editor.
Creating a New Document
To create a new document:
- From Wdesk home, click Create.
- Select the type of document you want to create. The new document will open automatically.
- Double-click the name of the document in the Document Outline panel to rename it.
You can create additional documents by hovering over the plus icon in the left navigation bar. From here, select Create to make a new document. The new document will open in an additional tab.
Importing an Existing Document
To import an existing DOCX document:
- From Wdesk Home, click Create and select Document.
- Select Import from the File menu.
- Select the desired DOCX file and click Open. The imported document will open in a new tab.
NOTE: If you import a Word ™ document from the Create menu in Wdesk Home, or import from the classic Wdesk editor, this will create a classic rather than a next generation Document from the imported file.